Sunday, January 21, 2007

BACK ON THE HORSE AGAIN?

First date with TJ tonight, or considering it's past midnight, last night.

We met up at about 6ish in a trendy little suburb, about 5 minutes from TJ's place. We had coffee, the conversation flowed reasonably well, then dinner. I have a fondness for Japanese food and despite the fact that TJ doesn't think it's that great, he wanted to take me to a Japanese restaraunt. This was followed by more coffee.

I remember thinking the whole time - "I wonder when his last dental visit was?...hrmmm...."

This is a problem - I could never ever ever seriously think about having a relationship with someone with poor oral hygiene...and from across the table, his oral hygiene seemed fair...but who knows how much subgingival calculus could be lurking interproximally??? The thought of it is unnerving...

Anyway, after coffee, he said he would walk me back to my car, but he took a detour to a small sort-of park area where he held my hands, and kissed me - lots of tongue. (Why do men think that women enjoy having a tongue thrust straight into their mouths?) He's not a bad kisser, but the whole time I was thinking "I hope he's not high caries risk...I hope his mouth isn't colonised with periodontal pathogens." That was the good thing about MC being a dentist...I knew his oral hygiene was impeccable.

He told me I was really cute. Which is fine. But I've always wanted to be a hot, sexy bitch, and I think I'm doomed to be "cute" forever.

...

The tongue harbours a lot of pathogens you know...

...I had to brush my teeth and floss and soon as I got home.

Anyway - do I like him? I don't know...I feel kind of....beige about it.

Do I want to see him again?....Sure, just to see what happens and to get to know him better...It's kind of surreal...I haven't been with anybody in ages.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, up here in queensland, we're sufferring the longest drought in history. Don't make it any worse and extend it into N.S.W.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Kissaki said...

Hahah Anon. I know who you are and I'm sure you aren't suffering any droughts of any kind!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

how could you tell from across the table that his oral hygiene was "fair"? if i can spot inflamation from that far away, i'd definitely label that as "poor" and cross him off my list before he even got that close. unless you detected the subgingival calculus with your tongue ;-)

hey, if it works out with him, maybe he'll let you clean his teeth. there are lots of guys out there with dental chair fetishes. in fact, stupid people STILL ask me if i'd ever done it in one and i'm like, book and appointment and find out (pervert!)....

one bad thing about having a significant other as a dentist - i diagnosed my husband's geographic tongue and now he's all self-concious about it. just another example of how a little knowledge can be big-time detrimental.

congrats on passing your exam, btw. that must feel like a huge relief!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Kissaki said...

Thanks Dr Mommy!

From across the table I couldn't detect any obvious inflammation. I'm in 100% agreement that if I can see inflamed gingiva from across the table, I should run away!!

Looking Down and I were discussing this. It's probably in my head,but I'd feel a whole lot better knowing that he's had a recent scale and clean.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Scottie said...

I think it's hard working in a health profession, where you're confronted with people who have subgingival calculus/borderline personality disorder/scabies EVERY FREAKING DAY...you can't help but worry that the object of your affections is suffering from at least one of them.

Wouldn't it be easier to be an engineer or airline steward or something? You never have to worry on the first date whether he calibrates his tools correctly or stows his baggage in the overhead locker (neither of these are euphemisms, by the way).

Good luck with this guy though, he could end up being a good friend if nothing else...sometimes the most beige beginnings can lead to wonderful places.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home