Saturday, April 14, 2007

DETOX

I decided to re-energise my life and get rid of all the crap: bad feelings, stagnant ideas, toxic bachelors, etc, starting with myself.

And what better way than with a detox?

Detox! Wow! How fabulous! Wheat-free, gluten-free, yeast-free, refined food-free, red meat-free, dairy-free fun, fun, FUN!!!

Now, I have a 2 coffee a day habit, and Grail, the barista in the cafe next to work, provides fabulous conversation as well as great coffee.

Day 1 of the detox: Feeling fine...

Day 2 of the detox: That night I have the worst headache I have ever had. I have to go to bed early.

Day 3 of the detox: I wake up and feel like shit. I look with contempt at my hot water and lemon and curse it for not being the coffee I so desperately desire. I feel crappy all day. My headache disappears by that evening and I have the best sleep I've had in a long time.

Day 4 of the detox: No headache...go to visit Grail just for chat and no coffee and hope that I can vicariously capture how I feel when I do drink coffee. I've lost a kilo.

Day 5 of the detox: I have dinner with my parents. I blow my detox. It feels fabulous.

But considering how bad I felt, I think I'll stay away from caffeine for a while longer...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wasn't there a recent report that a cup or two of coffee a day is good for you?

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home