Thursday, June 21, 2007

MY WORST NIGHTMARE

I am moving back home with my parents.

I will be completing the move from Mullet Country tomorrow and am in the process of moving back into my parent's home...

They are breaking me into my new life with little snippets of :
  • "Where have you been all day?"
  • "You're wearing that?"
  • "Make sure you keep your room tidier. You must have lived like an animal." (No, it's because I'm just moving all my stuff in. Of course it's a shambles!)
  • "Why do you have so much stuff?" (Because I've been living on my own. Did you think I lived in an empty apartment?)
  • "Where are you going?"
  • "I want you to mind our shop/pick up your brother/fill in these forms for me/book airline tickets for me/pay these bills for me."
  • "What time did you come home last night?"
  • "When are you going to find a husband???"
  • "I met a nice boy at church for you."

I am having a 4-6 week sabbatical before I start my new job. Not long after I start, I am planning to make a swift escape from my parent's clutches.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

i feel you, girl. we lived with my in-laws for six months until we bought our house. it wasn't easy, but long term, you are making a very wise move. it doesn't feel like it at the moment, but the money in the bank a few months from now will make it all worth it.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home