Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A SLIGHT HICCUP

Or rather a projectile vomit.

I'm not sure if I've previously mentioned that I work part-time for an extremely rich, snobby, anal, uptight, self-absorbed female dentist, hereafter referred to as Verbosia.

I've been working for her 2 days a week. Her fees are astronomical and as her fees have increased, the clientele have steadily declined, to the point where I was only seeing 2-3 patients a day as none of the new patient were being retained. I think it was because when I gave them their treatment plans, they realised they were going to have to sell a kidney or a first born child to fund their 2 fillings.

Verbosia has issues with her neck (her neck? Her head more like.) due to working herself like a dog, and also needs time to spend getting facials, manicures and Botox injections. She's the sort of person who delights in telling people "Ugh, I hate supermarkets." Consequently, she only shops at designer grocery stores. Anyway, I digress.

She's been asking me repeatedly to work more days for her and I've been repeatedly saying no. No, no no no no. I don't see enough patients to fill one day, let alone another one, so no. No. No no.

Anway, the long of the short of it is that eventually I had to tell her I have my own practice. She sacked me on the spot and told me I was unethical and disgusting.

I can understand her being angry though.

Anyway, so I'm looking for another part-time job.

*sigh*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, I don't understand. You're not allowed to work elsewhere? Was she worried you'd steal her patients?

How are fees set over there?

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is ridiculous! How some people think of themselves as so high and mighty I'll never understand.

I'm sure you'll find someone else to work for that isn't such a venomous snake.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

it's good you got out early. she sounds like a vindictive bitch. and i am curious as to how the fees are set over there. here we have a guideline from our dental society, but when i was practicing in new york, anything went.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Kissaki said...

There's nothing in my contract that says that I'm not allowed to work elsewhere, or even own my own practice, and my practice is located in a completely different part of Sydney for it to not be a conflict of interest. She simply just didn't want me working anywhere else.

The fees can be set however the dentists want to set them. We get given the median prices for procedures and then it's up to the individual.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read a story about a guy that charged a $75 fee on referral to him to secure you're appointment. No better way to put you're referrals into a tailspin -- act like an arrogant jerk. Good blog -- just found it. Ian.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home